Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Kindness is Free...

When looking up for words to use on the "Share Button" in my blog, I went for "kindness is free" because I've come across "Sharing is Caring"..."Share if you Care"...etcetra. I found those a bit uptight, more like obliging the reader to share just because they've read the blog. The share button is a plugin amongst many used in Wordpress to improve the blog, I used Simple Share Button for a start just to try it out and am sure I won't stop with that one. That was not the aim of this blog, but I had to pay an hommage to that wonderful plugin.

I am writing to let you know about my new (ad)venture, I have metamorphosised into a teacher! "A Jack of all trades" can't miss out on such an opportunity. My "school" is known as Elimu Coders and am offering free coding lessons. It's a self-learning environment with me looming in the virtual space ready to guide you,teach you, correct you - basically, to show you the way on how to go about things.

If you are really interested, check out the website, then get in touch with me for more information, if whatever's provided on the site is not clear enough.

This project came about so as to introduce the curious and the interested ones to coding. To show and encourage them how easy it is to create new and manipulate existing web pages.
Elimu Coders is a platform used to train future trainers – who have access to computers – so that they may go and train those who do not have access to computers, mostly based in the rural areas in order to give them the possibility of one day doing something wonderful with the skills that they possess.
The online campus is found under google sites. I chose it as a working example to show how easy it is to manage templates.
I want to kill the fear that many bear about coding. It is not difficult, it does not involve Mathematics, even if you got an E or never went through high school, trust me, YOU CAN CODE! I think it's one of the easiest things to do and make lots of money whilst at it.
Am getting carried away here. Just get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam. Spam comments are not approved!

Popular Posts