Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Failed friendship that never even picked!

I met this lady in September of this year, I'm even starting to doubt whether she didn't do it on purpose, that is, on the first day of extra-curricular activities, bringing her daughter in the same music class as mine, even though the class was strictly for beginners and her daughter was in her second year. Just before she left, she called me aside, gave me a sheet of paper with her address and phone number on it, because in her words, I look like a nice person and she would have loved if I joined her in her upcoming project(s). Since I didn't want to dissapoint, I gave her a call two weeks later and we met for tea. I extended the kindness and invited her over for teaat mines. She came in drinking some energy drink and instead asked for wine. That would have been the first warning sign, I chose to overlook it.

Last week she gave me a call inviting me over to her place because they were celebrating his son's in-law birthday. I made it clear that I was not in a position to go since I had guests over. She insisted I go even with my guests, I stressed that it was not going to be possible. She told me to think about it and drop her a message on my response. I completely forgot about her. It's not like I gave her the impression that I'm always short of invitations.

So last night as I went with my daughter and another neighbour's daughter trick or treating, I decided to stop at her's because she has children too. On coming to the door, the first thing I noticed was alcohol smell, she was clearly high, furious at me to the extent of not wanting to see me. I had to explain that I had a mishap with the fall I had during my run, and that I had explained it wasn't going to be possible to attend the improptu party etcetera.

She went on and on how dissapointed she was, how everyone was waiting for the mysterious overdue friend, how no matter what, next Saturday, Peaches should make it to her daughter's birthday, how I have to ensure that our daugthers become friends even if it takes moving the earth for it to happen. I was like, "are you kidding me? Our children are not at all obliged to be friends just because the parents are friends."

Her neighbour who was walking her daughter to trick and treat stopped to say hello, and as she was trying to explain to the little girl who was roughly 10 years old why according to her daughter she finds her weird, I bid her goodbye and we came back home.

I talked over the issue with the bf because I felt the matter needed his intervention. He was kind enough to tell me that the next time the lady accosts me, I should inform her that he is against her trying to impose herself in our family, period!

I've never had to apply pride in such a long time, but with this lady, I am left with no choice. I shall simply efface her like she's never existed as I await a new confrontation. I get tired thinking about her, I even had a terrible nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam. Spam comments are not approved!

Popular Posts